Welcome

On 18th April I asked three questions to Dr. Sarah Wollaston, the high-profile and well funded Conservative candidate for Totnes. I'm still waiting for answers. In the meantime, Dr. Wollaston's campaign has censored and edited comments to her blog, and are refusing to answer the three questions:
1. Why was the internal investigation into the party's alignment to Law and Justice launched?
2. Why was the investigation covered up?
3. Why was Edward McMillan Scott MEP expelled from the party without notice or reason?

On this blog you can find all the links and correspondence.

Peter Harrison
Totnes Voter

Saturday 8 May 2010

900 letters to voters

In the weeks leading up to the election, my neighbours and I posted 900 letters through the doors of Totnes voters. Here it is:

Dear Totnes voter,

I am writing to you because I care about democracy. I feel the only way I can bring my concerns to your attention is by posting this note to you.

After the Anthony Steen debacle Totnes deserves an MP that has integrity and is capable of answering voters' questions.

For weeks my neighbours and I have been asking the Conservative candidate, Dr Sarah Wollaston, about their controversial partners in Europe. She refuses to answer our questions. Her staff have censored, deleted and edited messages on her website. We worry that this is a sign of things to come.

I know that many people were disgusted by Anthony Steen's actions and genuinely hope that Dr Wollaston offers a new style of politics. In our experience, however, Dr Wollaston has also abused her position. Dr Wollaston's well-funded campaign presents her as a “fresh” politician, but her actions are already leaving the voters behind. We feel that as she is censoring voters' questions during the campaign, she cannot be trusted to represent us as an MP.

We hope you share our concerns,
best wishes,


Peter Harrison
Totnes

If you wish to check whether comments are being censored, please email http://www.drsarah.org.uk/chatmap and ask about the Conservative party's links to Poland's far right Law and Justice party. Please visit http://bit.ly/ToryQs for all details.

No comments:

Post a Comment